Have you ever thought you'd like to make your own cereal? That you could make it better than the big guys? You could add all the good stuff, and get a healthy, delicious cereal that isn't loaded with sugar and preservatives. Just the opposite--you could make a blend that was not only packed with flavor, but packed with good for you ingredients from all over the world.
Well now you can! There's a new guy (well, actually three new guys!) in the cereal world and they want to change the way you look at breakfast. Forget the Saturday morning buzz of sugary stuff while watching cartoons (or is that just me?), forget the bad for you, greasy breakfast sandwich that you pay too much for anyway, better yet--forget skipping breakfast at all!
Me and Goji is the newest thing in artisanal cereals. Meet the three guys behind this genius idea here. Go ahead, look around the site--there's so much to see! And I have to say, it's a lot of fun to design your own breakfast. The idea is that you go to the site, choose from the huge list of ingredients, drag and drop them into the big bowl, and make your own personal blend. Choose only what you want, and leave out the stuff you don't want. And don't think they've forgotten Gluten Free folks! They've got you covered, as well! And here's the fun part! Give it a name--Adam. Alexander, and Carl love to see funny, cool and creative names. Scroll down through this page to see some of their favorites.
Carl, Adam and Alexander have been very cool and decided to offer THREE of you guys the chance to design and win your own capsule of Me and Goji! So here's the deal:
1. Visit the site and design your own cereal blend.
2. Send your perfect blend recipe and it's funny, creative name to firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you tell him that it's the Elle's New England Kitchen Name your Cereal Contest.
3. Tell everyone you know about it so they can enter, too!
4. On National Cereal Day, March 7th, they'll announce the winners on their site. They'll also have some other cool promotions going on, so mark your calendars and be sure to check them out on that day!
So go visit the site and make your cereal! Good luck!
PS-- I'd love it if you not only submit your name ideas to Carl, but also to me in your comments. I'm so curious to see what you guys come up with!
PSS--This contest is open to US and Canadian Residents! :)
***Don't forget, to be eligible, you must send your perfect blend recipe and it's funny, creative name to email@example.com, and make sure you tell him that it's the Elle's New England Kitchen Name your Cereal Contest.
And the winners are:
1. Danielle Behlmer - Does This Cereal Make Me a Hippie?
2. Julie Cameron Hendrix – Mornin Munchies
3. Genevieve Charet - It's a Luau in My Mouth, and Every Fruit, Nut, and Flake is Invited!
And for anyone purchasing cereal, Me & Goji are offering free goji berries (until 3/31) for those who enter the coupon code FREEGOJIS upon checkout.